Ronald E Wagner, age 90, of Toledo, Ohio passed away November 4, 2017 at Hospice of Northwest Ohio. Ronald was born in Toledo, Ohio on October 29, 1927 to Ernest and Florida (Kemper) Wagner at home on the corner of North Detroit Ave and Door St. Ronald attended Lincoln Elementary and Scott High School as a freshman. He graduated from Macomber Vocational High School in 1945 where he majored in mechanical drafting, he went on to study at the University of Toledo engineering school. During his career as executive VP and chief engineer at Peerless Molded Plastics Inc. he founded R. E. Wagner Laboratories and Precision Plating Co. also known as “the shop or wamba”.
Ronald played the E♭ alto horn in the Scott, Macomber and University of Toledo marching bands. In later years, he played guitar with the America Turners Edelweiss Orchestra which was a regular at the German American Festival in Toledo. Ronald encouraged his sons in music and while his father was living lead family music sessions on his guitar with his Dad and three sons on their musical instruments. In his high school years, Ronald was an active member of the High Y club and school photographer. He continued to enjoy photography throughout his life. Ronald cherished memories and shared stories of the summer he worked for Doc Miller at YMCA Camp Store. Through the years Ronald enjoyed family activities especially bicycling and boating. Ronald had a sharp memory from days of his youth and could recite the many names of all the dogs he had had up to his last canine companion Buddy2.
Ronald was preceded in death by his parents; brother, Paul; sister, Jean Warner; son, David. Surviving are sons, Robert E. (Peggy) Wagner, Thomas E. (Carol) Wagner, William R (Marty) Wagner; also surviving are 9 grandchildren, and 9 great-grandchildren and former wife Anna Lightbody.
A private family gathering will be held at the Bersticker-Scott Funeral Home 3453 Heatherdowns Blvd at Byrne Rd. Interment will be held in Toledo Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Northwest Ohio.